About Small Fries
I plan to launch the first dedicated student and graduate design magazine. Small Fries aims to provide an international platform to celebrate and showcase the outstanding talent and innovative work created by student and graduate designers.
Small Fries will accept submission in the categories of branding, packaging, web design, app design, social awareness campaigns, illustration, typography and advertising.
Small Fries will work similarly to an illustration directory. It will feature student profiles, their work and have direct contact information. The magazine would be distributed to top studios in Australia/ UK/US. This is to ensure the work gets under the noses of the right people.
The students get published and promoted, studios get fresh inspiration and connection to new talent and the world gets a beautifully curated magazine filled with gorgeous design.
Goals and Objectives
– To promote and celebrate the high standard of design talent both nationally and internationally.
– To provide much needed exposure for students to help them break through to the industry.
– To deliver fresh inspiration to top studios through a printed magazine while also sharing through the digital magazine and social networks.
– To encourage a community of student and graduate designers.
– To progress the magazine to eventually offer a student graphic design awards.
Sponsorship and Partners
I am currently looking for both a key partner and sponsors to help fund the Small Fries venture. If you are interested in becoming involved please contact me at email@example.com
Start-up Costs of Project:
$1000 – Website Host & Build
$5000 – Print & Delivery of 100 Magazines
$200 – EDM campaign (5 – 10 promotional & update EDM)
– Gold $1000 in funds or trade
– Silver $500 in funds or trade
– Sponsors will have a thank you and link on the Small Fries website
– Sponsors will have a thank you and their logo printed within the Small Fries Magazine. Sponsor will also have the opportunity to create a page to educate or advertise their services.
– Sponsors will be mentioned and thanked on social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
– Sponsors will help to support a new generation of graphic designers